Friday, December 21, 2012

Jackson, WY


Being a military family, we’ve been fortunate to visit many places over the years, but still have several places on our list of places we want to travel to. One such place is Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Why? Because as a teenager, I had a science teacher who worked summers at Yellowstone National Park, and she was based near here. She showed us fabulous pictures of her time there, and I’ve wanted to visit ever since. I think it would be such an educational place to take my kids to see and experience.

There are some amazing hotels in Jackson WY, one of which is the Rusty Parrot. They cater to families and couples, there are packages to meet most every need. I would love to take advantage of the owner's suite, the master bedroom is a delightful retreat, with an adjoining room for my kids to sleep in. I would make sure to take advantage of the spa facilities to help me relax and unwind. My kids would love the Wolves and Grizzlies package. We could stay 2 nights in the Rusty Parrot and get orientated with the wildlife biologists before departing for Yellowstone. Our small group would travel in a custom safari vehicle with our own biologist to take us around to see grizzlies, wolves, and other wildlife in their natural habitat. Of course we'd also get to see Old Faithful and the other natural wonders in the park as well. This is something I'd never try to do on my own, I'd definitely want the expertise of someone familiar with the area to keep us safe! I also love the fact that the package is all inclusive, so the four nights hotel in the two locations, the guide, safari van, and all meals and non-alcoholic beverages and gratuities are included in the price you are quoted. You can pay in advance and travel stress free, allowing for a perfectly relaxing and educational adventure.

There are other package available too, this is just the one I know my kids would be over the moon to experience. If it was up to me, my whole trip might be spend in the European Spa :)

This is a sponsored post however, all the points and views are my own.


No comments: