Friday, January 11, 2013

PS3 Repair

My kids LOVE playing video games, and we tend to only buy the games that encourage them to be physically active while they are playing. I t is COLD outside and we have a couple of feet of snow on the ground, and they have had the flu/strep, so I don’t want them playing outside for too long, yet they do need to be active. A game console can be part of the solution. Until it breaks. These things do happen, especially when used regularly for several years. However, they are too expensive to simply replace. There are videos online that show you how to repair, which is fine for simple things, but when it comes to electronics, I feel much better having an expert repair it, and the cost is significantly less expensive than replacement. For those worried about achievements, saved games, reaching "special levels", etc. repair companies can also normally save all of that data, unless your HDD was corrupted or damaged, which I've heard is quite rare.
For a system that is used frequently for many different purposes, such as our PlayStation 3, I can' t imagine being without it for an extended period of time. Finding a company with a high success rate, good reputation, and the ability to perform PS3 Repairs within 48 hours on most systems, is a resource that has been added to my HOME REPAIR binder. We use this not just for the fun of video games, but also for exercise videos, music, and watching movies as a family. 
Console systems are not inexpensive, and we've had ours for a while. We typically DO get the extended warranties on these (we have kids, we know things happen) but ours has outlasted the warranty. We still don't want to run out and buy a new system if something happens to this one, so *should* something happen, I would definitely look into the lower cost alternative of repair over replacement. Y'all know I am practical, I like to save when and where I can so we can splurge in important areas later. 
This is a sponsored post however, all the points and views are my own.

No comments: